Chocolate covered fruit

One of our most popular chocolates that we sell is our fresh chocolate covered fruit! Sure, you've had strawberries, but have you enjoyed our five other fruits? We dip strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, pineapples, & bananas every single day! You can get them in either milk or dark chocolate too! Let's travel back a few years to find out the history of The Fudge Shoppe's chocolate covered fruit journey!


I asked Mr. Burry to tell me about the time he started making fruit. "About 50 years ago, someone came into the Shoppe and asked if I would dip strawberries. I wanted to but we had to wait for strawberry season which was in June. So June came, I dipped the strawberries, sold them to the guy and put the rest out for sale in the store. They all sold! So I figured I might as well make more and sell them regularly. I then added raspberries. I talked to my father about it and he mentioned blueberries. So I added those too! Blackberries were next. Customers asked for bananas so I tried them out but they weren't always popular so I did them from time to time. Pineapple was added last but I had to figure out how to dip them because it's a really juicy fruit. I tried covering it with cocoa powder to soak up the moisture but that didn't work. We eventually figured out how to soak up the access juice and they've been a hit ever since! We tried oranges too but they were a hassle. We sold mostly milk chocolate fruit but it's amazing how much dark we sell now!"


"I can't believe how much fruit we sell. We are now known as the "Fruit Shoppe" haha! It's an incredible thing."



Fruit was originally dipped by hand and still is from time to time, but we sell so much that we couldn't keep up! We found a great way to dip our fruit now using our enrobing machine and it's very effiecent. We've trained everyone how to dip the fruit by hand because it's a great thing to know. If we run out in the evening, most likely someone can dip the fruit for you!  


From what started as a request by a customer has grown into our most popular product, selling 15,000 pounds per year.

What's your favorite chocolate covered fruit? We'd love to know!!

Comments