Peanut butter day!
Happy national peanut butter lovers day!! We know some of you might be sad because you’re allergic, and we understand, but for the others; let’s celebrate!! I’m talking freshly made peanut butter eggs and peanut butter marshmallows. Peanut butter fudge and peanut butter graham crackers. We do it all and we are just as obsessed as you are.
Peanut butter and chocolate go together so well. Each are perfectly smooth and creamy and they simply compliment the other. We make so many variations with chocolate and peanut butter, you’re sure to find something you love!
Here are some fun facts about peanut butter! Thanks, google!
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- Peanut butter was first sold in the United States at the Universal Exposition in St. Louis by C.H. Sumner. He sold $705.11 of the “new treat” at his concession stand.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup was introduced to America in 1928.
- The oldest operating manufacturer and seller of peanut butter has been selling peanut butter since 1908.
- Peanut butter was the controlling secret behind “Mr. Ed,” TV’s talking horse.
- Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter.
Peanut butter even has some surprising health benefits.
One of our newest peanut butter treat is our milk chocolate & peanut butter chip candy bar! It’s so creamy, has a slight crunch, and absolutely divine.
Our peanut butter fudge is cooked to perfection.
If you need a sweet treat, but can’t make it to our store right this second, here’s how you can make your own simple peanut butter cups at home.
- Melt some chocolate (or try 1/2 cup cacao powder + 1/2 cup coconut oil for a paleo alternative)
- Pour about a tablespoon of the chocolate into a mini muffin cup. Swirl the chocolate around gently until it goes up the sides slightly. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Grab your favorite peanut butter. I love when the ingredients are just peanuts and salt! You can add a tablespoon or two of maple syrup or honey to sweeten.
- Put a small dollop of peanut butter on top of the chocolate then top with more of the melted chocolate.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Keep in the freezer and snack on these when you can’t make it to The Fudge Shoppe!
Check out our website today to get yourself some delicious peanut butter chocolates!